Risk assessments relating to Covid-19
Risk assessments have been carried out in all of the Group’s locations in May 2020 and updated monthly since then, in line the Government’s Covid-19 Secure Guidelines as well as the sector guidelines produced by the NFDA and SMMT. An employee representative at each
site has been consulted on the Group policies and procedures as well as the site’s individual risk assessment.
Feedback from consultation has then been reflected in the final risk assessments and policies. All risk assessments are available to colleagues on the Group’s intranet.
A summary of the actions taken across the group as part of the risk assessment is set out below, although the implementation is unique to each location.
- Mandatory training for all colleagues on new procedures.
- Social distancing of 2m enforced, and display materials and one-way systems used to remind colleagues and customers of this. Work-stations adjusted to reflect this.
- Colleagues continuing to work from home where possible.
- Individual plans agreed for critically vulnerable and vulnerable colleagues.
- Face coverings and other PPE provided to colleagues for limited circumstances where interaction within 2m is necessary or they are moving around the site. Customer-facing colleagues required to wear face coverings at all times.
- All colleagues have their temperature checked before being allowed into work each day.
- Protocol to respond to any diagnosed cases of Covid-19 amongst colleagues.
- Hand sanitisation stations provided throughout work locations and at entrances.
- Increased cleaning protocols, particularly for high touch points.
- Service customers arriving by appointment to avoid congestion at sites.
- Sales customers encouraged to make appointments.
- Unaccompanied test drives implemented.
- Screens in place at service receptions and sales desks.
- During service opening hours, greeters monitor numbers on site and ensure social distancing maintained.
- Sales system redeveloped to remove the need for any physical or electronic signatures on our documents (signed by SMS).
- Vehicles on site kept locked and sanitised after customer use.
- Dashboard system implemented to remove the need for paper deal files being held and transferred within a dealership.
- All vehicles sanitised before being returned to customers, in accordance with a Group procedure.
- Cash payments removed.
These procedures are under constant review and are amended/adapted as circumstances require and communicated to colleagues.